VMware Horizon Community
K_Miller
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Slow Login Times: greater than 2 minutes

I have created a floating pool for staff which contains less than 10 actual running machines. Pool machines are set to be provisioned in advance. These machines are running our standard desktop load and at this point they have no thinapps or appstacks applied. We are using folder redirection for desktop and documents on physical and virtual desktops. I have tested logging in with and without persona management enabled accounts and this does not seem to make a difference.

Observed Log in Times:

Floating pool desktop from VCenter console: 2-5 minutes

Floating pool VM from View client: 2-5 minutes

Dedicated VM: 13 seconds (In same OU as Floating pool machines and receiving same policies)

Physical desktop: 6 seconds

Thanks for any insight you may be able to provide.

KM

0 Kudos
2 Replies
cgrubbe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

There are some very detailed Event Logs for GroupPolicy processing that you can check that might have some info.  Also I find that enabling verbose status messages for the login via GPO will give you quite a bit more information.  It can also point at either the GPO or the user profile being the point where the delay is taking place.

-Chris

0 Kudos
Gaurav_Baghla
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

To Isolate the Issue

1)Place the desktop without any group policy and yes please check EventVwr that should give us enough details.

what is the Network Share Speed where the profiles folder is kept.Login to the desktop and try to copy the file and see whats the speed

Regards Gaurav Baghla Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. https://twitter.com/garry_14
0 Kudos