VMware Horizon Community
scService
Contributor
Contributor

Requirements for copy and paste via HTML in View?

Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble setting up clipboard redirection in View:

I imported the Administrative Templates and set the GPOs (...\VMware Blast\Configure clipboard redirection and \Not Overridabel Administrator Settings\Configure clipboard redirection)

I can copy text (but nothing else) if I use the Horizon Client but I can't copy anything via Blast.

All I get is a window saying "Copy and Paste are unavailable"

pastedImage_2.png

Environment:

OS of the virtual Machine: Windows XP

OS of the machine running the webbrowser: Windows 7

View 6.2

Same result with IE11 and FireFox

Did I miss a configuration/requirement somewhere?

Thanks!

Frank

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CampsT
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Frank,

I'm facing a similar issue.

I've enabled the policies in the PCoIP.adm GPO.

When I log in via Blast I'm able to copy from my machine to the VDI Desktop but not in the other direction.

When I launch the Clipboard in the Blast session, the status it gives me is "Copy is Disabled".

I've rebooted the VDI Desktop but it didn't help.

Anything you've tried that I might have missed?

Tom

0 Kudos
Bomin
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi, Tom, PCoIP does not work for Blast.  Let me give you an screenshot for blast configuration

gpo.jpg

0 Kudos
Bomin
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I'm not sure if you are using GPS correctly.  Please refer my attachment in my response to Tom

Also,

View Agent 6.1 and later releases do not support Windows XP and Windows Vista desktops. View Agent 6.0.2 is the last View release that supports these guest operating systems. Customers who have an extended support agreement with Microsoft for Windows XP and Vista, and an extended support agreement with VMware for these guest operating systems, can deploy the View Agent 6.0.2 version of their Windows XP and Vista desktops with the latest version of View Connection Server.

0 Kudos