VMware Horizon Community
peterpad
Contributor
Contributor

Pool not selected at login screen

We have upgraded View environment from 5.1  -> 5.3.1 version. Before the upgrade, when user entered his credentials in the View Client, pool was automatically selected. If there were more than one pool, it was selected the last one to which user had been logged.

Now, after the upgrade pool is not selected and the button "Connect" is greyed out. You have to choose the pool and button "Connect" becomes available. Why is that? Can we restore the old behavior?

5 Replies
childebrandt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This is a client issue. Uninstall the client on the machine and install the latest version.

And to enable auto log on, choose options then check the box for auto log in.

@childebrandt42
0 Kudos
bjohn
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

In the 5.X client, There's an option "autoconnect to this desktop" in the options menu.

0 Kudos
thartzell
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having this exact issue, and can't find a solution yet.

On all previous versions, the last previously accessed pool would be highlighted, and the user could just hit "enter". Now nothing is highlighted, and "Connect" is greyed out.

Uninstalled and re-installing the client didn't help.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Gaurav_Baghla
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You could use the Client_adm Template and change the behavior through Group Policies which should be fairly simple

VMware Documentation Library

Regards Gaurav Baghla Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. https://twitter.com/garry_14
elgwhoppo
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Gaurav has the right idea. Either use group policy or instruct the users to check the "Autoconnect to this desktop" function described in this KB.

VMware KB: Enabling Auto Connect in the VMware View Client for users entitled to only a single deskt...

VCDX-Desktop
0 Kudos