VMware Horizon Community
ark9898
Contributor
Contributor

Persistant pooling issues

I am having problems with persistant pools and haven't had much luck figuring it out. I create a pool using VDM, entitle a user to the persistant pool, and upon log on I get passed through to the desktop. I have it set up so I have to add a user to remote users after they are assigned a desktop. I log onto the pc they were assigned with admin, give them their rights, and log on with the user after logging off of the assigned pc. Upon next log on, they are getting a completly new pc. I can see my pool creating a new vm since I have the pool set that way. 1 available at all times. It appears VDM is noticing that 2 have been assigned but it is not remembering who had what computer. I have noticed the attached error in a few of the vm's but appears to go away after a reboot. I have uninstalled the agent and reinstalled in all my templates but it still has not worked correctly. Vmware support believes it my template, however has not given me an explanation as to why. Any suggestions, anyone has would be very helpful. After logging in twice, with the same user I get desktop currently unavailable( again it is acting like the initial 2 are being used and assigned to someone) I can see virtual center 2.5 creating a new vm.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
srinivasaddagat
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have got same issue as yours but the client didn't log any such event. I keep getting desktop not available message in my persistent pool even though the admin console shows that VM is ready. I tried removing the VM from pool and add as individual desktop but still no luck, it doesn't allow anyone to connect to that desktop through VDM client. Did you try removing the VM from pool and add as individual desktop and see if it works ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
ark9898
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, normally when I remove it from a pool and add it manually I can get to the vm. I am sure you have tried it but a reinstall of the agent may help your issue. Perhaps doing a nslookup of the broker from the virtual machine will tell you if it is communicating correctly with the broker. I know my dns is fine. I guess it is back to square one. Time to recreate my template so I can rule that out as the cause.

0 Kudos