VMware Horizon Community
crp0499
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PCoIP working, but Blast failing

Our environment is View 7.0.3 with the UAGs instead of security servers.  It's a DR environment so it's not used that much, BUT, the Blast connection is not working. 

Using the client, I CAN connect just fine.  But, when I hit the browser, and try to connect, it errors out.

The logs show the request for a machine, the allocation of a machine and it even shows the user logged in, BUT, the desktop never shows and I just get booted from the session.

I'm confused as to where to start troubleshooting, since it all appears to be working and the logs show it's working.

Any ideas on where I can start looking for my problem? 

I've already rebooted the UAGs.

Thanks

Cliff

0 Kudos
8 Replies
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Does Blast work from a native Horizon client? If native Horizon Client Blast works but HTML Access is failing, check to see if origin checking is failing.

Look at the debug log file on Connection Server and Security Server. Search for log entries containing "Unexpected Origin". If you see those, it will explain why HTML Access is not working. If that's the case you'll need to edit the locked.properies file to configure origin checking. http://pubs.vmware.com/horizon-71-view/topic/com.vmware.ICbase/PDF/view-71-security.pdf - page 35.

When you change locked.properties you should restart the service or reboot for the settings to take effect.

If native Horizon Client Blast is also failing, check the UAG blastExternalUrl setting, make sure Blast is enabled and check firewall port rules allow TCP 8443/443 to UAG and TCP 22443 from UAG to the desktop.

0 Kudos
crp0499
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Blast from the native client also fails.

There are no security servers, only the HA UAGs we are using.

The locked.properties file was configured from the beginning, but now that I think about it, I don't know if Blast ever worked. 

I'll check the other things you noted and thank you!  I appreciate the response!  I'll let you know.

0 Kudos
crp0499
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

FYI - the contents of my locked.properties file

checkOrigin=false

balancedHost=dr.view.mydomain.org

portalHost.1=vvap01p.secure.external

portalHost.2=vvap02p.secure.external

I've often questioned whether it's written correctly.

0 Kudos
crp0499
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Some hope in the event viewer...each time the connection fails, I see this in the application log:

BROKER_MACHINE_NOT_READY

Unable to launch from Pool dr-domain-desktops for user domain_CENTRAL\user_name: Machine null is not ready to accept connections

Attributes:

MachineId=2eede09d-6fa2-4042-892d-8ed8a200d364

SessionType=DESKTOP

PoolId=dr-domain-desktops

Node=domain-vvcs01-phx.domain.local

AgentErrorCode=AGENT_ERR_LOGOFF_IN_PROGRESS

DesktopId=dr-domain-desktops

Severity=WARNING

Time=Fri Jun 02 07:02:42 MST 2017

Source=com.vmware.vdi.sessionclientapi.FarmImp

UserSID=S-1-5-21-639316502-586307935-99485923-31905

Module=Broker

UserDisplayName=domain_CENTRAL\user_name

Acknowledged=true

0 Kudos
crp0499
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

No help?  Anyone?

0 Kudos
techguy129
Expert
Expert

In the Desktop Pool Settings, do you have "HTML Access" enabled?

0 Kudos
crp0499
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I do.

0 Kudos
Techstarts
Expert
Expert

For this error, I was able to solve this problem.

It was cut copy paste error.

pastedImage_0.png

Hope it helps others.

With Great Regards,
0 Kudos