VMware Horizon Community
jmarti05
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

PCoIP Secure Gateway Tunneling

Connection Server - 5.3.0-1427931

Security Server - 5.3.0-1427931

We are currently running a trial of VMware Horizon View Premier, and I'm having issues with PCoIP tunneling. According to our technical sales rep, the security server always tunnels, and the connection server can tunnel if you turn it on ("Use PCoIP Secure Gateway for PCoIP connection to desktop" under Connection Server > Edit). However, our experience contradicts this. With the default configuration, PCoIP connections both internally (to the connection server) and externally (to the security server) try to connect over PCoIP directly to the VM/guest/desktop. However, if I enable "PCoIP Secure Gateway" on the connection server, then both the security server and connection server begin to tunnel PCoIP traffic though them.

The goal is to tunnel from the outside, while having connections directly to the VM/guests from the inside, however the only way I can figure out how to do this is to stand up additional connection (replica) servers. I've been reading through the documentation (Installation / Adminisstration guides), googling, and watching training videos like mad, but no one seems to be able to explain this.

Your assistance is much appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Correct, you need another broker.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Correct, you need another broker.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos