VMware Horizon Community
jwsl224
Contributor
Contributor

PCoIP Black Screen-and not Horizon's fault

Hi all,

i have vsphere 8 set up, and am trying to get a horizon desktop deployed using PCoIP. It is a windows 10 desktop with an Nvidia 3080ti in passthrough. everything is working and the deployment functions completely.......until i install the graphics card driver 😕 then i get the infamouse black screen and disconnect after 10-15 seconds.

could someone tell me which passthrough settings to review?

• i have the above 4G deconding enabled in the system BIOS.
  • i have the card selected for passthough in the ESXI host.
  • the card shows in windows task manager and device manager after driver install when connecting with Blast or through the ESXI portal
  • in the pool in horizon i have hardware rendering selected, and vram size set to 512 and 1 monitor selected.
  • in the pool in horizon the maximum resolution is set to 1920x1200, which is what i am trying to connect with. though for some reason the setting is greyed out and i can't change it.

i feel so close to getting this thing working i can smell it, but it remains JUST out of my range! if anybody can spot something obvious for me to check, i'd really appreciate it.

what else could i be missing?

jared

Labels (1)
  • h

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jc296
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Do you have the right GPU settings in vCenter - think its shared direct or direct depending upon your set up. Do you get the same symptoms when using the View Agent Direct Connect Plug in??

0 Kudos
jwsl224
Contributor
Contributor

yes. the official answer is, consumer cards, even in pass-through, need a display (or a dummy plug) connected to them to function 🙂

0 Kudos