VMware Horizon Community
koobra
Contributor
Contributor

No sound when using Dell FX100

I have fresh View setup. Vms are WinXPx86. Zero clients set up via Teradici PCoIP Management Console. There is no problem when using Wyse P20. Dell FX100 doesn't provide sound. I've tried jack and USB headphones, front and rear interfaces. No luck. Firmware version 3.0

Should I check anything specific?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JHouser20111014
Contributor
Contributor

I am having issues along the same line. I have a usb microphone device and I can't get it working within Windows XP. It notices the device as I have found it under device manager, but I am having no luck getting it to work properly.

I tried a program called "USB over Network" which will get it working, but they only offer a 30-day trial.

Any suggestions with getting Audio devices working properly with the Dell FX100s; I had no issues with the WYSE machines until I upgraded View to the latest edition.

Also, the Microphone is coming up under device manager as "USB Audio Device" but when using that usb over network program, the device is displayed correctly under device manager.

Thanks,

Jake

0 Kudos
koobra
Contributor
Contributor

Sorted. Dell client require 'Enable HD Audio' in 'Audio Permissions' to be set up as True to play sound. Strangely enough, Wyse client doesn't.

0 Kudos