VMware Horizon Community
NickTT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

New Teams Experience

Today we got the option to test out the new Teams client in our VDI environment. After upgrading everything looked good. Client shows it's in Optimized mode. The issue we are running into though is that the Audio now doesn't work. We are using Jabra Headset. Sometimes audio works on the headset but the mic doesn't work or vice versa. I have my mic kick out even while talking in a meeting. Anyone else seeing this?

About Teams
Version
You have Microsoft Teams version 23306.3314.2555.9628.
You've got the latest version. It was last updated on 12/6/2023. VMware Media Optimized.
The client version is 49/23110231809.

About Horizon
Agent: 2306 (8.10.0.22012512)
Client: 2309.1 (8.11.1.22783278)
Server: 2306 (8.10.0 build 21972440)

Network
Internal Network... no FW between workstation, server or terminal.
Labels (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
xViniciusMedina
Contributor
Contributor

Just a reminder, VMware optimization requires an internet network connection. Please double-check your internet connection. Have you tried using another headset?

I'm currently using the New Teams + Horizon 2212 + Jabra, and it works fine for me. I'm experiencing an issue, but it seems to be related to the features. To elaborate, some time ago, I encountered a problem with Teams Audio + Thin client. The issue arose because my Thin Client (Dell Wyse) Teams optmization needed to connect to specific URLs, and the firewall/proxy denied access

0 Kudos
NickTT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It's running in Optimized mode. The new Teams just doesn't work right. Now I noticed with the latest update it's missing the Call answering rules like call forwarding and Voicemail settings.

Classic (1.6.00.29964)

NickTT_0-1708615041473.png

NickTT_1-1708615081604.png

VS New Teams (24004.1307.2669.7070)

NickTT_3-1708615266756.png
NickTT_2-1708615237627.png

0 Kudos
Jubish-Jose
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I assume you are using the wireless Jabra headset. We had numerous issues with Jabra with the Teams classic client on Dell Wyse. Things got a lot better with Optimized Teams client, but it still got issues like calls dropping during meetings and mic suddenly stops working etc. I haven't tried the new Teams client yet with Jabra. We are now thinking of moving to a wired headset. 

Worth trying a wired headset to isolate the issue.

-- If you find this reply helpful, please consider accepting it as a solution.
0 Kudos
NickTT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

That isn't it... Microsoft changed something in the new Teams.

The reason why the call forwarding options are missing in the new Teams when using VDI is that the new Teams client is designed to work with the latest version of the Teams service. The call forwarding options are only available in the classic version of Teams, which is no longer supported.

To access the call forwarding options, you can use the classic version of Teams. However, we recommend that you use the latest version of Teams to take advantage of the latest features and improvements.

From Microsoft Post

Therein lies the issue... Microsoft is starting to push people to the New Teams but the functionality isn't available yet in the VDI installation of Teams. Sure wish their VDI Dev Team and Teams Dev teams would use "Teams" to communicate with one another. 🤣

0 Kudos