VMware Horizon Community
meliodas02
Contributor
Contributor

Multimonitor setup - USB Display Adapter

Hi,

My Windows 10 laptop currently has one HDMI-out port, which I use to connect one external monitor.  I also have a Dell USB 3.0 display adapter (470ABHH) that will allow me to connect a 2nd display via the laptop's USB 3.0 port.  The adapter works when using Windows.

The goal is to use dual monitor remoting via the Horizon Client on these external monitors.  When I log into the remote machine via Horizon client (but with USB display adapter disconnected, and thus 2nd external monitor disconnected), I can see dual remote display on my external HDMI-connected monitor and on my laptop screen.  So it works in this case.  However, when I log into the remote machine via Horizon client (but with USB display adapter connected, thus 2nd external monitor connected), the dual display stops working, and the desktop from the remote machine only displays on my laptop screen.  I want to see the remote desktops on my two external monitors, but it doesn't give me the option.  Am I doing something wrong, or does Horizon client not work with the USB display adapter? 

Will it work if I can turn off USB redirection for the adapter? 

I know this question was touched upon several years ago in thread: USB Display Adapters

But that was several years ago, and I wanted to know if this capability was added. 

Thank you..

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
JackMac4
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes, you'll want to disable redirection for this adapter and let it present itself as a second monitor for the Horizon Client.

---- Jack McMichael | Sr. Systems Engineer VMware End User Computing Contact me on Twitter @jackwmc4
0 Kudos
meliodas02
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jack,

Thank you for the prompt response.  I will test it out over the next couple of days and post an update.

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
meliodas02
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I cannot find the option to disable USB redirection for the adapter in the Horizon Client.  How do I do this?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Its at the top of the horizon client, the bar that drops down. MAke sure its unchecked

pastedImage_0.png

checked means its redirected

0 Kudos
JB79
Contributor
Contributor

Is there any update? solve this problem?

0 Kudos