VMware Horizon Community
Mark808
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Microsoft Print to PDF broken following installation of Feb. 2022 Win 10 Update.

Aloha,

I'm running Horizon 7.13.1 with Windows 10 LTSB golden image and instant clones.

Following the MS Windows Cumulative update on February 8, 2022, my users reported that printing from any app (Notepad for testing) to the Microsoft Print to PDF printer results in the creation of an empty PDF file and the error message "The Handle is invalid".  

If I launch the golden image and test from the console, it works properly.

I've tried Removing/Adding the printer without success on both the golden image and the user IC accounts.

I've also tried uninstalling it as a Windows Feature and adding it again, without success.

Deleting the Writable volume and rebuilding the user profile also did not solve the issue.

When deleting and re-adding the PDF printer in a user account, the print a test page button oddly succeeds, but printing immediately afterwards from Notepad does not.

Using an image prior to the Feb. update works properly so I'm certain the problem is a result of the Win Update.

Is anyone else encountering this issue and have a solution?

Thanks in advance.

24 Replies
VMHero4Ever
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

a big thankyou to @AndrewCroft !

Your solution works! I opened a VMware ticket 4 weeks ago and the support guy wasn't able to help me.
He forced me to upgrade my App Vol Manager and Agents to the latest version. I also told him that this only happened for our special follow me printer queue driver of Canon Uniflow. All other printers works. I also told him that it happened after installing february windows updates. 

You saved my ass! Now we can do windows updates again on your instant clone vdis.

Regards,
VMHero4Ever

jamorris27
Contributor
Contributor

When I got to the location (that I'm very familiar with) the entire key for svdriver is missing.  Did Microsoft Remove it?

0 Kudos
Gokulkannan
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, same issue for me also, But when I uninstall only Security patches from Golden image. Print PDF working fine.

Note : This issue occur only Domain users only, It is working Local user accounts. (Without Any changes)

0 Kudos
JSFunk99
Contributor
Contributor

Big thanks to @Mark808 for posting the original question and @AndrewCroft and @BenTrojahn for the solutions.  I was just about to open a ticket and found this post.

0 Kudos
csnow4993
Contributor
Contributor

Confirmed, it worked for me!  Here is VMware's article.

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/81246

0 Kudos