VMware Horizon Community
TimK2
Contributor
Contributor

High DPI mouse causes Horizon performance issues (mouse lag exceeding 45 seconds) - Mac and Windows

Using a High DPI mouse (such as the Roccat Kone Pure) - causes severe performance problems when using Horizon.

The performance is comparable to (and compounds) the issues described here and here

I can replicate this behaviour on both Windows and Mac.

The issue is most prevalent when using MobaXterm as a published application, but is still evident with other applications.

You will observe extremely laggy mouse pointer movement, trailing by up-to 45 seconds.

The only solution is to use a standard mouse or trackpad device.

The Mac client is still subject to out-of-order processing of mouse events (as described in the threads linked above).

The Windows client is less problematic regarding the ordering of input events - however the performance remains terribly bad.

In order to illustrate just how bad the out-of-order processing is on a mac...  when the lag is at its worst, I can move away from the Horizon applications and interact with native applications on my desktop - and yet still observe my clicks (in a native window) being processed and interpreted by Horizon in one of its windows.  In effect, the click event is being captured at the position my mouse was at 45-seconds ago.    It's incredibly disconcerting to interact with a native window and see Horizon responding to it in some other window that doesn't even have focus anymore.

Mac: Horizon Client 4.6.0

Windows: Horizon Client 4.6.1

2 Replies
mhampto
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

TimK2
Contributor
Contributor

No, there are no such log entries relating to warping - not even one.  At least, not in the client logs. The server logs, I couldn't say - though that isn't where I would expect to see them.

0 Kudos