VMware Horizon Community
crar
Contributor
Contributor

Help on TCO/ROI using the vmware ROI calculator

Hello All and thanks in advance for any help,

I'm trying to build a TCO/ROI document for an implementation of VDI with VDM to cover 500 desktops. I have used the vmware calculator to do this and although it gives some very nice information, it lacks in one major area. We are currently looking at three scenarios, one - no thin clients, we will utilize existing desktops, two - purchasing WYSE thin clients, and three - purchasing HP thin clients. This problem with the calculator is it does not appear to allow you to change the default cost of a thin client which it has set at $250. This is not going to work since both of the thin clients we are looking at cost more than this. I have searched all over for a comparable calculator but can't find one. I would appreciate any help on this. I'm trying to get this done as soon as possible as I have people waiting to see it.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
tommy
Contributor
Contributor

Click the Excel icon at the top of the calculator to export the full data model. Then go to the "VMware Investment" tab and scroll down to "Thin Client" under "CapEx for implementing VMware VDI" and customise the data.

0 Kudos
crar
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the input !!!

I had just started looking at that and was having problems exporting it. Everytime I would the document would come up empty. I the export to work for me earlier this morning and was checking out the different tabs. I appreciate your answer.

0 Kudos
AdrianoP
Contributor
Contributor

hello

I did a similar study for implementation of VDI to cover 500 desktops. (In a range of 3000 desktops to "virtualize")

You must consider the energy savings of thin-clients (250k / € in 5Years. Portugal)

In my case the project is not financially viable if remain the desktop.

0 Kudos
AnisGenex
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Looking for the excel file link/URL. Can you help me to find it out, please?

0 Kudos