VMware Horizon Community
DJLO
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HELP ! VM stuck in deleting, linked clone. I need some help

Not sure what is going on, I had to delete a VM from a pool to let it rebuild itself and its stuck at Deleting in the View Admin.  Nothing is happening in vSphere.  Can someone shed some light or point me in the correct direction?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Please take a look at http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2015112 to see whether this helps. Be very careful with the commands and always double-check the entries before executing!

André

0 Kudos
DJLO
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ok so the desktop that would not delete, essentially I needed to de-provision the existing user and add a new one.

While stuck in deleting state, i managed to put it in Maintenance Mode and de-provision the current user.  I had the new guy login to the pool and it has assigned it to him.

As a test I increased the count on test pool on the same server (linked clone as well) and it spun up and provisioned the VM without any error.  I dunno if this was just some anomaly.  Should i try and create another desktop in the affected pool?  Of course of all the pools affected it has to be the ones my developers just moved to.  Needless to say I have to tread very carefully here

0 Kudos
DJLO
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I think this was a false alarm.  Everything seems to be working just fine, including the pool that i thought was borked.  I was able to deploy another VM into the pool then remove it without any error.

I'll blame this on OS-X Yosemite

0 Kudos