VMware Horizon Community
MoniRu
Contributor
Contributor

Error logging in after upgrading to MacOS Ventura 13.0.1 and Horizon Client 2209

Hi

since upgrading to MacOS Ventura 13.0.1 and VMWare Horizon Client 2209, I cannot log into my remote vdesktop of our company anymore, error message is just simply "unknown user or password incorrect". When doing the exact same on windows 10, latest horizon client, all works fine. Our IT department says the problem is on my side.

Why does logging in work on Win10 and not on MacOS Ventura 13.0.1?

BTW: just checked: loggin in to the same server from a Mac with MacOS Monterey (12.6) works just fine... so problem seems to be with Ventura (13.0.1)...

Anything I could make them look into to fix this? Or this a problem with the 2209 Horizon Client?

Thanks

Monika

0 Kudos
6 Replies
MoniRu
Contributor
Contributor

Hi 

this is really a big problem for me and I cannot fix this. Anyone having similar issues with 2209 Client on MacOS Ventura?

Thanks for any help you might have!

Monika

0 Kudos
Ezrahite
Contributor
Contributor

I am having a similar-ish issue.

I can connect to the connection broker, but once i attempt to sign into a pool it just shows a white screen and stops.  If I connect through HTML with works fine.  And It worked on the MAC the day before updating to Ventura

So far, reinstalls, cache clears have not changed anything. 

0 Kudos
MoniRu
Contributor
Contributor

So, to update this, now I have experienced the following:

on another macbook, also with MacOS Venture 13.5.2, it works. I have exactly all the same setting on my Mac, but something seems to be different. What I find suprising is, that although when I deinstall the VMWare Horizon Client (put it into Mac Trashcan and empty that), after reinstalling it still prompts me to log into the server with my login. It shouldnt know that after deinstalling, or is that information persisted somewhere?

Is there a cache for the VMWare Horizon Client? How Do I clear that cache or make the new VMWare Horizon Client install forget everything about previous connection?

Added my last log as well, Please help!

Thanks

Monika

0 Kudos
Ezrahite
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos
Parmesan
Contributor
Contributor

This is all very similar to what we're experiencing, but it doesn't feel like it's a Ventura issue per se, although we're only seeing it with some Macs running Ventura.

I'm a trainer for our company so I deal with the new starters, some on Windows, some on Mac. 

Every now and then, someone on Mac isn't able to log into our system, getting repeated 'authentication error' using the app, but can log in on the browser without issue.

But it seems so random. Some on Ventura can get in, some can't, and we just can't seem to pinpoint what is causing the issue.

Any suggestions or thoughts (or even better, solutions) would be welcome.

0 Kudos
Ezrahite
Contributor
Contributor

I have not found or heard of a reason or solution for this yet.  

0 Kudos