VMware Horizon Community
AU1967
Contributor
Contributor

Difficulties connecting from Windows RT

Dear all,

I have been using VMWare view for some time from different environments to connect to my company's server without any problem. Now I have purchased a Microsoft Surface RT 2 and one the first things I did was to install the Horizon view client from the Windows store. When I try to connect to my usual server, it fails. I think it is a problem with the server certificate (other VMware view versions just warn you, but allow you to connect to uncertified servers). So, two questions:

1. Is there any workaround in VMWare Horizon View for Windows RT to connect to uncertified servers as there is in other View implementations (OSX, Android, etc)?

2. Does anybody know of a "public server" with which I can test the viewer to see if I have a different connection problem? The error message is not very precise so there may be a different issue. I do not need an account or anything, just to get to the user/passwd query to see that I could connect if I was allowed.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Alvaro

Tags (1)
3 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

If you just need to check if it can connect you can use https://view.vmware.com

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
AU1967
Contributor
Contributor

Excellent Linjo, thanks. I have tried with that server and it connects without any problem, which confirms my belief about the server certificate. By the way, any suggestion to avoid that problem?

Alvaro

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

I have no experience with RT but I remember reading something about that Microsoft is requiring the certificates to be valid.

You could open a support-issue with VMware support to figure this out.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos