VMware Horizon Community
nrhunter
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Desktop stuck on customization

Hi Guys,

I'm after some advice with an issue that I've got on my test lab at home.

Just to give you some background, I'm running an esxi5 cluster, nested inside an esxi5 host.  I've setup the vcenter server and the connection server, I've created a windows 7  template and customization file.  I've created an automated pool using the aforementioned template and customization.

The pool automatically deploys the win 7 PC, sorts out the disk and then boots up to the login screen.  The vm then reboots and it starts the customization.  I can see scripts are running and the vm restarts again, then it gets back to the login screen.  At this point the VM has been renamed and is domain joined.

I look on the connection server under desktops, I see that the desktop status is still customizing.  If I open a console to the VM I can log in and it all looks fine and dandy.  However, the CS isn't happy and clients cannot connect to the VM through the VDI client.

Any ideas?  I'm sure it will just be something that I've missed.

Regards

Neil

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nrhunter
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Fixed, the agent had screwed up.  after reinstalling it all worked fine.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
nrhunter
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Is it because I haven't put a serial number into the customization file?  Although I have a 10 license key from the MS Action Pack, it doesn't seem to work if I put it in there.....so I left it blank

0 Kudos
nrhunter
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Fixed, the agent had screwed up.  after reinstalling it all worked fine.

0 Kudos