VMware Horizon Community
Flipper35
Contributor
Contributor

Desktop hangs when printing remote receipt

I have one user in a pool that has issues when she prints a receipt.  She is using an app to talk with the end user via web cam and everything works fine until she prints the receipt for the transaction and the desktop hangs for 60-90 seconds and it only happens when she works from home.  In the office everything works fine.  I did uninstall and reinstall the client on her machine and reset the VM she was connected to.  Speed test shows 42Mbs according to one of the help desk people that helped her at first.  I don't know what the up speed is or latency, but I can get that if need be.

No other user has the issue WFH or in office which makes me think it is on her end, but it does not do it with the old pool.  At least when when was on the old pool a few weeks ago it did not happen.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ofox
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

"until she prints the receipt for the transaction and the desktop hangs for 60-90 seconds"

How does the user print? Does she start printing in the remote session or from her local end point? If the former what printer does she use? Does she try a different printer? When the hang is over does the printing go through eventually?

0 Kudos
Flipper35
Contributor
Contributor

She has to print the receipt from the printer at the machine where the customer is.  She has no option for a different printer.  Yes, once that 60-90 seconds is over things go back to normal.

This is more promanement when the users work from home than when in the office.

0 Kudos
Flipper35
Contributor
Contributor

More info.  This happens when working from home and it happens for several users.  It also seems to be only the first 4-5 video calls and then it clears up.  Another oddity is if they print the receipt directly from the app it hangs, if they print the receipt from the journal afterwards there are no issues.

Past history they had persistent machines that did not have this issue.  These are non-persistent machines.

Normal process is they take the video call, process the transaction, print the receipt, end the call.

In the office there are no issues.  Work from home it will hang for that period when they print the receipt from the video app.  If they close the transaction and print from the financial app journal everything works smoothly.

0 Kudos