VMware Horizon Community
magander3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Cloud Pod Architecture

Hi,

we are currently running Horizon View 6.0.1 over two sites using Cloud Pod Architecture (CPS) meaning one Horizon View Pod with two Connection Server per site. We are using Full Clone Desktops with dedicated assignments and now we have identified the need to assign a specific desktop to a specific user. This can easily be done when using Pod local entitlements via right click the Desktop and select Assign users.

We are only using Global Entitlements to take advantage of the CPA meaning we can’t right click the Desktop and select Assign User since the user does not have a Pod local entitlement.

Is there any way to Assign User to a specific Desktop when using Global Entitlements?

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dsiview
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I have not tried this to confirm it would definitely work but I see no reason why it wouldn't work if you're comfortable using the command line.  On one of the brokers in the pod where the desktop has be created use the command (with appropriate names for pool, machine and user):

vdmadmin -L -d dtpool1 -m machine2 -u CORP\Jo

The Administration documentation for Horizon View provides more details on this.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
vishalchand
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Not sure about specific desktop however the user home sites can only be configured at the command line (lmvutil)

Create and Configure a Global Entitlement

0 Kudos
magander3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

absolutely, thanks. However, not what we are looking for in this case.

0 Kudos
dsiview
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I have not tried this to confirm it would definitely work but I see no reason why it wouldn't work if you're comfortable using the command line.  On one of the brokers in the pod where the desktop has be created use the command (with appropriate names for pool, machine and user):

vdmadmin -L -d dtpool1 -m machine2 -u CORP\Jo

The Administration documentation for Horizon View provides more details on this.

magander3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

this seems to work. need to do some more testing to verify it though.

Thanks

0 Kudos