VMware Horizon Community
sutter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Clipboard Redirection not working on Horizon View Desktop Client

Having issues with clipboard redirection not working when connected to a VM through the Horizon View Desktop Client.  I've tried a few things and it has just gotten worse.

My environment is vCenter 5.5, Horizon View 6.0 and the View workstations are Windows 7 SP1.  Running on a Windows Server 2008R2 environment.

The default setting of being able to copy from the client to the agent was working fine.  I went and downloaded the Horizon View 6.0 GPO bundle and added the PCoIP.adm file to my Group Policy Manager and applied to the OU that housed the VDI VMs.

I changed the "Configure Clipboard Redirection" setting to "Enabled in both Directions" under "Not Overridable Administrator Settings".  Applying this GPO stopped copy and paste from working completely.

I then tried changing the "Configure PCoIP virtual channels" GPO to only allow connections from mksvchan even thought the default is to allow all connections.  Still nothing.

At this point I'm at a loss, I'm not sure how applying this GP actually made it worse, anyone else have this issue?

Thanks in advance,

--Steve

0 Kudos
3 Replies
BSchoeman
Contributor
Contributor

Not sure if this will help but here a snapshot of our GPO set for View 6 which is currently allowing us to copy and paste in both directions.

GPO.JPG

0 Kudos
aqwelea
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

Could you please try to install a network capture tool like netmon in your View Desktop and check if any packed is in "Retransmit" ?

Also check if your desktop (where View Client is installed on) does not use any firewall ?

Another idea, still in the PCoIP ADM template, you will find a setting "Configure the TCP port to which the PCoIP host binds and listens", compare the settings with your firewall settings

0 Kudos
ChrisBCarlson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

can you copy and paste from your machine to the VM in the vSphere console?

0 Kudos