VMware Horizon Community
epa80
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Chrome/Edge 117 = InvalidPipeArgument in the Horizon 7/8 Console

Just the past 2 days we've been seeing this alarm in our Horizon 7.13.1 console, as well as our Horizon 2111.1 console:

epa80_0-1695127808641.png

It seems to line up with the release of Edge and Chrome 117 versions, as it happens in both. As of now it seems like the latest Firefox isn't seeing it.

Over on Reddit some users have reported seeing it, as well as a former co-worker of mine, so we know it's not just us. We have an engagement with Professional Services currently, and we did bring it up. If we don't hear any news from them this AM we plan to open an SR.

It's kind of just a nuisance, but according to other reports I've heard, it can interrupt some functionality like displaying snapshot information.

8 Replies
pmchenryx
Contributor
Contributor

I am getting that error or an internal error display.  This started 2 days ago in Edge and Chrome.

0 Kudos
kvmw2130
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Please subscribe to KB: https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/94667 for more updates on this issue. 

0 Kudos
pmchenryx
Contributor
Contributor

Great.  I am now getting the same error in Firefox.  So I cant access Horizon in any of my browsers

0 Kudos
epa80
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

What version? As far as I can tell, I'm on the latest Firefox (118.0.2) and I seem to still be ok. I tested in 7.13.1 and 2111.2. I went to events as well as the dashboard status window, where I usually see the error, and it seems ok.

0 Kudos
pmchenryx
Contributor
Contributor

118.02 is not working.  I have done fresh installs and it doesn't work.  I have one machine on 118.02 and it seems to be working.  I hopefully have updates disabled on that machine.  The biggest problem is there is no update from VMWare on this.

0 Kudos
jmacdaddy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Does opening the Horizon Admin console in InPrivate/Incognito mode help with this issue? 

0 Kudos
joeotto
Contributor
Contributor

Incognito mode does not seem to make any difference at all with Chrome v117.

0 Kudos
epa80
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

FYI VMware has updated the KB with this resolution entry:

epa80_0-1697722590374.png

Horizon Administrator: Error message: InvalidPipeArgument: 'Missing locale data for the locale "en"....

We did open an SR and obtained the hotfix. It does seem to have resolved our issue in early testing.

0 Kudos