VMware Horizon Community
MrBeatnik
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Can a single PSC be used with SRM for all vCenters?

Hi folks, Happy New Year Smiley Happy

When building multiple vCenter for multiple blocks (or PODS with high speed links), could we have 1 PSC with SRM instead of multiple PSCs?

The Topology Decision Tree doesn't list SRM as an option and I was curious what forum users thoughts were.

http://blogs.vmware.com/vsphere/files/2016/04/vSphere_Topology_Decision_Tree_Poster-v5_0804016.pdf

In terms of resilience, the tree asks "Sometimes, multiple PSCs can be deployed to achieve a higher level of resiliency in case a PSC fails. The next decision point is to decide if you require multiple PSCs for resiliency to reduce vCenter Server downtime in the event of a PSC failure."

So I am asking if SRM could help address the issue of "resiliency" instead of multiple PSC. Note, I do see the limitation of 4 vCenter per PSC Smiley Happy

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
timalexanderINV
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We found when migrating to vsphere 6 with multiple vCenters, same SSO domain, separate sites that if they had separate PSCs the federation between sites for SRM failed.  The solution after much troubleshooting with vmware was to deploy multiple PSCs but stage them behind a load balancer so that a PSC failure did not wipe out SRM.  This was on SRM 6.0 though so not sure if later versions work better.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
timalexanderINV
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We found when migrating to vsphere 6 with multiple vCenters, same SSO domain, separate sites that if they had separate PSCs the federation between sites for SRM failed.  The solution after much troubleshooting with vmware was to deploy multiple PSCs but stage them behind a load balancer so that a PSC failure did not wipe out SRM.  This was on SRM 6.0 though so not sure if later versions work better.

0 Kudos