VMware Horizon Community
MaxStr
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Audio issues with OS X Mojave client version 4.10

Our users on OS X running client 4.10 are experiencing audio drop outs when playing audio for a few minutes. In this case it is for LinkedIn training videos, however it happens with other audio that plays for an extended time.

I haven't yet experienced this issue on the Windows Horizon client, and my next step is to see if downgrading to 4.9 resolves the issue.

The VDI are linked clones running Windows 10 Enterprise, Horizon agent version 7.4 and 7.7 (tested both), and VMWare Tools version 10.3.5

4 Replies
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Read Horizon View Client 4.10 Audio Drops out during Skype calls , you may want to downgrade as it seems to help

0 Kudos
MaxStr
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Yes I saw that post as well, but I wanted to bring more attention to the issue. Downgrading the clients is no easy task, since we need to manually touch each machine. I'm hoping the Horizon team sees this and issues a fix.

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

I haven't seen this my self in my environment, but if its causing a problem, I'd open an SR to make sure they see it.

BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

VMware said they could not reproduce this was Horizon Agent 7.7.0. I have a few pools upgraded from Horizon Agent 7.4.0 to 7.7.0 that I'll test with tomorrow.  If you decide to open a SR I can provide ours so they can be linked.

What does the rest of your environment look like? Is this Internal or External? Is tunneling enabled (On the connection servers, security servers or UAG)? Are you using Blast or PCoIP?

0 Kudos