VMware Horizon Community
DSulak
Contributor
Contributor

Agent Upgrade Not Available

I've just upgraded to Horizon v2212 and I now see an option to upgrade the agent on desktops, but it is grayed out.  Under my product licensing the agent auto upgrade feature is disabled.  Is this a separate add-on?  We are licensed for Horizon Standard 8.  What level of license would we need?  (Enterprise, Advanced, etc.)

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Mickeybyte
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

@DSulak 

I've heard about it, and it seems to be a beta feature that you need to be enrolled in. Not sure yet how to get enrolled however... I haven't been able to test the new version in my lab until now.

Regards,
Mickeybyte (ITPro blog)

If you found this comment useful or an answer to your question, please mark as 'Solved' and/or click the 'Kudos' button, please ask follow-up questions if you have any.
0 Kudos
mlag
Contributor
Contributor

Did anybody find out how to activate the feature? I have got Horizon Enterprise licence, but the feature is disabled altough.

0 Kudos
RobinHarmsen
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Anyone has an update?
Or will I need to ask our TAM or Support?

0 Kudos
tor_s_eilertsen
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone found a sly roundabout way to make this work?

//dr.no

0 Kudos
yukiafronia
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sorry, which function are you referring to?
I would like to know too, so please post a screenshot of the entire screen.

0 Kudos
yukiafronia
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@DSulak @tor_s_eilertsen @RobinHarmsen @mlag @Mickeybyte 

I asked the VMware representative.
They have a license called Horizon Plus.
It seems that if you don't purchase a license called Horizon Plus, it will not be activated in the first place.

The Horizon Agent auto-upgrade feature is only available for
Full clone and manual desktop pools are the only ones that can use the automatic upgrade feature of the Horizon Agent.

If you are satisfied, close it.

Thanks.

KKrisdal
Contributor
Contributor

Even though i have the VMware Horizon Universal and the feature is unlocked under licensing tab. 

I don`t get it to work 🙂 Even if a create a new pool the function does not activate.. Will do some more Research. 

0 Kudos
mlag
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, I also was not able to use the feature until now - tried everything I could think of, tho.

0 Kudos
JanBolk
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

do you find a way to enable the feature?

0 Kudos
NickTT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We upgraded to the the PLUS license and have the required license... however it still shows it needs to be enabled but doesn't say how or where. We only use Manual Desktop Pools. Any info on how to enable this?

0 Kudos
KKrisdal
Contributor
Contributor

It's a beta function. I got instructions from VMware support but I did not implement it since it's a beta function. You have to alter som config in Adam database. 

0 Kudos
alexramos123
Contributor
Contributor

I was also getting the same issue. However, I was able to solve it through this guide.

0 Kudos
noodleNT
Contributor
Contributor

Funny link there @alexramos123 

0 Kudos
MaorZoh
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

You must have Horizon Enterprise Plus Subscription license and to migrate to Next-Gen Cloud Connector" (Horizon Edge Gateway) to be able to work with this BETA feature.

At this point, all related documentation regarding this feature were removed from VMware website.

Luckily, a few weeks ago I created a step-by-step guide how to enable and configure the "Horizon Agent Auto-Upgrade" feature. 🙂

See attached PDF.

Tested successfully.

Hope it helps.

Adarsh_777
Contributor
Contributor

HI MaorZoh, 

I am trying to follow steps you have mentioned in pdf, I get error server certificate for meta data file URL is not trusted. 

Can you please help to resolve this issue.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
MaorZoh
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Adrash,

You must generate a valid certificate from a trusted CA with a full chain, including CA and Subordinate certs inside.

The certificate must be created from a correct certificate template that fits to IIS.

BTW, The Horizon Agent Auto Upgrade was officially released in the latest Horizon ESB release, v2312 (8.12)

0 Kudos