VMware Networking Community
NicoRenard
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

HCX to multi CLOUD AVS/VMC on prem

Hi guys!

I would like to setup an HCX platform with 3 targets for a cust: AVS, VMC and another private cloud. (We will keep the source platform for some workloads). I know that AVS & VMC are deploying the HCX cloud for you and you need to deploy the connector at the source . But if I'm doing this I will have 3 hcx cloud manager to manage the infrastructure. I would like to know if it's possible to do the reverse to have only one console to manage all the 3 (target) platforms? And if it's supported of course... 😄 

thx

0 Kudos
3 Replies
joffrey_godard
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Nicolas,

this is indeed a really interesting design subject ! I am also very interested on any information on that 🙂

Cheers,

0 Kudos
lvaibhavt
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

At OnPrem you will need to deploy HCX connector

HCX Manager will be deployed by default on VMC On AWS and AVS

HCX Connector can connect to multiple locations i.e. setup multiple site pairings

Just have same version (latest) on the sites

0 Kudos
NicoRenard
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi @lvaibhavt thank you for your response!

I know what you are saying but it's not my question/idea. I would like to deploy the cloud manager at the source to have only one console to manage all clouds.

If i'm doing what you are saying  , the classical design ... I need to manage the three clouds alone even if I'm doing service mech with one connector. If i'm continuing in this way I need to deploy the oldest version of the connector because I'm pretty sure than AVS and VMC are possibly (at a moment) not using the same connector version... So the question for the support is there also...

0 Kudos