VMware {code} Community
coloredsquares
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Installing "Power Actions"

I'm trying to install "Power Actions" which is listed in in a couple of VMware blogs along with developer.vmware. In the blogs it is listed a a "Fling" but the flings page doesn't show anything newer than 2021 and not many flings at that. One of the download links I've found is from that site but doesn't work.

It was just announced in April of 2023. Does it still exist???

Thanks

Peter

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
coloredsquares
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It turns out it was an issue on VMware's end and has been fixed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scheint
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Peter,

I think it still exists. There is a blog post from November 2023 Git integration for Power Actions - VMware PowerCLI Blog

But you are right, the ova on the official flings page is from 2021 (VMware-Power-Actions-1.0.1.0-21665794_OVF10)

The latest release i found is the one in your download link (VMware-Power-Actions-1.0.3.0-22361595_OVF10)

As you can read on this blog post from William: VMware Flings Update (williamlam.com) :

Thanks to Reddit user r/Is-Not-El, who archived as many of the Flings as they could using the Internet Archive. You can still find many of the VMware Flings including mines using: https://archive.org/download/flings.vmware.com

On the archive page you find the old documentation, but this should be on the official flings page.

Hope this helps you a bit

0 Kudos
coloredsquares
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It turns out it was an issue on VMware's end and has been fixed.

0 Kudos