VMware Communities
MJG7
Contributor
Contributor

windows 11 install

I also tried to install windows 11 on the virtual machine but it tells me that drivers for cd / dvd hard disk or usb are missing How can I solve the problem?Schermata 2021-10-14 alle 00.33.32.png

5 Replies
ColoradoMarmot
Champion
Champion

Please read the forum threads and the preview guide, it's all been covered many times.  Windows is not supported.

0 Kudos
viking1304
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@MJG7 wrote:

I also tried to install windows 11 on the virtual machine but it tells me that drivers for cd / dvd hard disk or usb are missing How can I solve the problem?

I honestly have no idea what you did. Please check this tread and try to use one of described methods.

0 Kudos
joshiga
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

First Please note that Windows is not supported.

Now I tried below iso build for testing purpose

22000.1.210604-1628.CO_RELEASE_CLIENTMULTI_A64FRE_EN-US

and it worked for me:

Can you try please these things, before starting the installation

1) Change settings-> HardDisk -> Change Bus type to SATA in Advanced options

2) in vmx file change guestOS

to guestOS = "arm-windows11-64" 

And see if it works for you. 

Like others also mentioned Please follow other threads and see if those steps for you.

0 Kudos
MartyLVT
Contributor
Contributor

I had this same issue you posted here, but found that the custom VM, changing the hard disk to SATA and altering the VM file to show arm-windows11-64. This seemed to help me, but now I have an issue with VMware Tools won't install on the VM so its not working great at all.

0 Kudos
joshiga
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Like we mentioned earlier On ARM Windows is not supported so there is no supported VMware Tools for that. 

0 Kudos