VMware Communities
26Demo
Contributor
Contributor

The device type "buslogic" specified for "scsi0" is not supported by VMware Fusion e.x.p.

This keeps coming up when I try to run my windows 11 arm installation on an m1 mac. I have tried many methods yet would appreciate some explaining and support.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This thread needs moving to the area for the Fusion Tech Preview software you are using - I've reported it to moderators.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

Can you share the steps on how you created the virtual machine? I've typically not seen the tech preview create a virtual machine with a bus logic virtual SCSI controller.

Don't use a SCSI virtual disk. Configure an NVMe disk. I just tried a VM created with a SCSI drive, and the Windows 11 installer boots, but does not have a default driver for the pvscsi SCSI adapter provide by the Tech Preview.

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal

Getting a buslogic device is the expected result when the vmx-file does not define the parameter
scsi0.virtualDev =
Buslogic is the silent default.
Similar to that you get an AMD PCnet32 nic if you do not define
ethernet0.virtualDev =

Ulli

0 Kudos