VMware Communities
guyrou
Contributor
Contributor

Start PXE over iPv4, iPv6 on MacBook Air M2

I've created VM with Windows ARM (converted VHDX to VMDK file), choosing all the options described in page 22 and obtained message error «Start PXE over iPv4, etc» (ses attached picture file).  

no such option in the parameters menu...

• CD/DVD (SATA): Configure the virtual CD/DVD device to use the OpenSUSE Leap installation ISO. 
  •  

Unable to complete the process.... suggestions?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Blackbirdxx9
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. I got this with every System, i want to run. 

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

The converted VMDK file should be configured as your virtual hard drive, not as a CD/DVD.

Please see the procedure for using the Insider Preview VHDX file in the Unofficial Fusion 13 for Apple Silicon Companion document.

- Paul (Technogeezer)
Editor of the Unofficial Fusion Companion Guides
0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

@Blackbirdxx9 wrote:

Same here. I got this with every System, i want to run. 

There are multiple causes for this error. All of them revolve around trying to boot from an ISO that doesn't have a valid arm64/aarch64 OS on it.

If you're trying to boot a Linux ISO installer, make sure you have an arm64/aarch64 ISO of the installer. x86_64 or amd64 ISOs won't work.

If you're trying to boot a Windows 11 installer, there's a topic in the Windows 11 ARM section of the Unofficial Fusion 13 for Apple Silicon Companion document that describes common causes of why this happens and how to fix it. 

- Paul (Technogeezer)
0 Kudos
guyrou
Contributor
Contributor

I finally installed it with an ISO file and everything works fine.

0 Kudos
oross18
Contributor
Contributor

How did you resolve this? I am getting the same with every ISO

0 Kudos
Technogeezer
Immortal
Immortal

If you're getting PXE boot messages when trying to install, you've either done something wrong or you've got something wrong with the ISO that you're trying to install.  Could you be a bit more specific on what ISOs are giving you issues?

You might want to take a look at the Unofficial Fusion 13 for Apple Silicon Companion Guide. it contains a section on common causes for the PXE boot messages.

------

Please post any further questions about running Fusion on Apple Silicon in the production VMware Fusion Discussions forum. This forum is for a tech preview release that has expired.

- Paul (Technogeezer)
0 Kudos