VMware Global Community
emmanuelsori
Contributor
Contributor

Licence activation

Bonjour,

J'ai installé une version d'évaluation vmware sphere et je souhaiterais savoir s'il faut réinstaller lorsque j'aurai la licence ou il y'a une méthode d'activation.

Quel est le nombre maximal de machine virtual que je peux créer avec le vmware sphere.

Cordialement

0 Kudos
10 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

I hope its ok to reply in English?

Activating vSphere is as simple as entering a license key, no need to reinstall, or even reboot anything.

There's a technical limit of 1,024 VMs per ESXi host. However, you will most likely run out of resources (CPU, RAM) before you hit this maximum. For details see https://configmax.esp.vmware.com/guest?vmwareproduct=vSphere&release=vSphere%208.0&categories=2-0

André

0 Kudos
emmanuelsori
Contributor
Contributor

Ok thanks

vmware sphere 8 is it compatible with windows server 2022

0 Kudos
CallistoJag
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Oui
0 Kudos
emmanuelsori
Contributor
Contributor

I have install on HPE prolifiant dl380 but when I am on the step on the capture, I can't move forwardWhatsApp Image 2024-01-25 at 12.34.00.jpeg

0 Kudos
CallistoJag
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

ça a l’air bien, allez maintenant à l’URL https://192.168.0.101 pour continuer 🙂 Devrait être en mesure d’entrer la licence dans l’interface graphique Web

looks good, now go to the URL https://192.168.0.101 to continue 🙂 Should be able to enter the licence in the web GUI

0 Kudos
emmanuelsori
Contributor
Contributor

ok cool

thanks

0 Kudos
emmanuelsori
Contributor
Contributor

Hello When I do "ctrl alt suppr" in my virtual machine. My virtual machine with windows server install does not react. How can I do?

I would like to notify that I created a virtual machine with Windows Server 2022. When I have finished the installation configuration I cannot enter. are there any additional modules to install on my vmware sphere hypervisor version 8.0

0 Kudos
emmanuelsori
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

It turns out that I did the installation in January and I have until the end of March to apply the license. The problem is that there are changes in licensing and the license I currently have is a VMware vSphere Standard - 1-Year Prepaid Commit - Per license. Can I still put the key to activate the features linked to the license or do I have to redo the installation

Best Regards

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

I also encountered the issue with the login to a newly installed WIndows 2022 server VM.
What worked was to install VMware's VMRC on the local client. Note that instead of "ctrl alt del" you'll have to use "ctrl alt ins".

Regarding licensing, binaries are the same, and it's only a matter of entering the license key. That said, I'm not sure whether the current ESXi version already works with the new core licenses.

André

0 Kudos
emmanuelsori
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I would like to know when the change to the vmware licensing model took place.

Best regards

0 Kudos