VMware Edu & Cert Community
JohnFLi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Trying to get Training

Hello all, I am interested in getting some traing for our vCenter and other parts that vmWare has.   I would like to get up to atleast a certified Pro level.

The problem I am having is that I cannot get ahold of anybody in either training or sales (from vmware) to find out what all I need and buy.

I have created a couple of tickets through vmware and they all have been ignored.

Does anybody have good experience with other training options?

Tags (2)
8 Replies
filipe_dias
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I had the same problem. 
I solved when my company helped me using a partnership to provide a training.

JohnFLi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

gotcha....who did you end up doing training with?

filipe_dias
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I did the online classes. 5 days in Brazil. With Synnex Westcon

JohnFLi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks, but Brazil might be a bit of a long drive for me.   lol

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Install, Configure, Manage is the most common course for vSphere, assuming you have v7 look here: https://mylearn.vmware.com/gw/mylearn/course/course-details/93058?tabId=0

The course meets the training requirement for the VCP if you might wish to get certified.

Pages 8 and 9 of this learning paths document show other options which follow on from Install, Configure, Manage: https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/professional-services/vmware-learn...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
c-sharp
Contributor
Contributor

You can try the VMware learning Basic Subscription or pay for the VMware Premium Subscription.  But if you want your VCP you will need to go to your mylearn.vmware.com account (or register) and pay for a course.  You can also join VMUG to get discounted training.  I have received training through the Army's CHESS, my company paying for my training, I paid for my training and my company has provided me with the VMware Enterprise Subscription which gives you access to many on-demand courses.  Good luck.

0 Kudos
Octopus_L4
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMware Digital Learning/IT academy is the best form in my opinion. Here you will also find free trainings.

0 Kudos
nashers1
Contributor
Contributor

If your studying on a budget, Not via your employer you can look at the VMware IT Academy.

its gets you the course qualifier for taking PSE exams. 

I've blogged about it before but its a good route in on a budget. and I obtained my first VCP this way

Stanly VCP | andy nash (wordpress.com)

VMWare It Academy (stanly.edu)