VMware Cloud Community
Ratchet2657
Contributor
Contributor

vSphere VM running Server 2019 crashes

I had a previous ticket on here with an issue with installing Server 2019 on vSphere 6.0. I was finally able to get it installed and it's been running fine until yesterday. Now I constantly see crash logs in Windows event viewer and in the vSphere client under the Events tab, I see " This virtual machine's guest operating system has crashed."  I also see a warning for "Device performance has deteriorated. I/O latency increased from average value of 123 microseconds to 2615 microseconds."

I have 3 other VM's running on this HP Proliant ML350 G9 with no issues, but they are running Server 2012 R2. 

I've collected the vmware*.log files from the Server 2019, but need someone to examine them.  I've thought about upgrading from 6.0 to 6.7 which I have the licensing for, but not sure if that will fix the issue.  

Thanks

Labels (1)
  • i

0 Kudos
2 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You could ZIP the log files and attach to your post.

Note that VMTN is a user community forum, so any help from others will probably be voluntary in their own time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos