VMware Cloud Community
AlBeSure
Contributor
Contributor

vSphere Ent Plus 1 Processor License

Hello,

My vCenter server is based in the US and I have multiple vSphere Ent Plus for 1 processor licenses installed. Will this license allow me to manage a host located in a different country?

I have spare ROBO Standard licenses as well, but it is my understanding that ROBO's have to be purchased in same country as used. I am wondering if vSphere Enterprise Plus for 1 processor is the same, or, because it is enterprise, I can use it for a remote host located in another country?

I have not been able to find any clarification within VMWare documentation, any guidance that can be provided would be most appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
maksym007
Expert
Expert

What about vCenter? 

Usually, Enterprise license will be enough to manage ESXi hosts. 

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Best to contact VMware or wherever else you get your licenses from, the answer might be specific to your contract.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion

in the past there was a short document(df) available which describes that a License needs to purchase where the ESXi is located... there is one exception which s named "EU".  You should get in contact with our local VMware sales rep.  There was  no difference between RoBo and E+.

Regards,
Joerg

0 Kudos