VMware Cloud Community
BBinfra
Contributor
Contributor

vMA and management connectivity

Hi,

I have set up vMA v5.0 and it has network connectivity, i can also manage my ESXi 5 hosts using it. The problem i have is... i need to install PowerPath on my ESXi hosts and it seems i should be using the vMA to do so (I cant use remote CLi).

I cannot PuTTY or use WinSCP to connect to the vMA - i need to transfer the .zip file to the vMA to then do the remote install onto the hosts. While troubleshooting this i also noticed the web interface to the vMA also doesnt work. With PuTTY, WinSCP and HTTPS it always says permission denied/authenication failed! How can this be? The only user you set up is vi-admin and this is the one i logon locally with so i know its right.

I have followed the article here to but it doesnt seem to help me! I have also re-deployed the .OVF incase i had miseed configured it the first time!

Help!

David.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
BBinfra
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos
vmhyperv
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Did you checked that correct IP address assigned and no duplicate IP address assigned because it happened with me then finally after sturglling i called vmware vendor and they found that vMA is sitting with duplicate IP address.

thanks

vmguy

0 Kudos
BBinfra
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for replying. I am sure its correctly addressed - can ping it, i can also PuTTY/WinSCP to it but fail the authenication. Same goes when connecting to https://ipadress:port - I get the login page but it doesnt accept the vi-admin account details but as i say i can log into the VM with those credentails.

Cheers

David.

0 Kudos