VMware Cloud Community
acognard
Contributor
Contributor

re-execution journal is corrupted

hi all, sorry for my english.

I installed vsphere on an hp n54l. An issue happens about once per day. I have to go the resume tab from the client, select ok and then restart the VM .

Capture.JPG

I tryied to delete the file from datastore, but there is a warning.

Capture2.JPG

Any help ?

Tks in advance.

Arnaud

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

You are lucky that you received the error message while trying to delete the file from the datastore. The file is a virtual machine snapshot which contains user data, and deleting it would cause data loss/corruption. To get rid of all the VM's snapshots, delete them from the "Snapshot Manager". If no snapshot shows up in the Snapshot Manager, create a new one, and then click the "Delete All" button. Keep in mind that due to the snapshot sizes this could take some time (maybe hours), so please remain patient.

If you delete the snapshots with the VM powered on, make sure you have some free disk space on the datastore to store the disk changes while deletion is in progress!

André

acognard
Contributor
Contributor

First, many thinks four your help.

OK ! has you said, i have made a new snapshot. Here is the situation now.

Capture.JPG

you sugget i delete ALL ?

Sincerly.

Arnaud

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

"Delete All" will delete (merge the delta data into the base virtual disk) all existing snapshots, regardless on whether they show up in the Snapshot Manager. Unless there's some corruption in one of the files themselves you shouldn't have any issue with this. Please remember that this may take a few hours to finish! In case you have a backup application running that's trying to create snapshots, disable it until the snapshot deletion has finished.

André

0 Kudos
acognard
Contributor
Contributor

hello

i run the "delete all" and 24 hours later, everythings seems to be ko. The second VM has stopped and i'm not able to launch it manually. Events are not loaded when i try to see them.

I will wait until tomorrow but not sure it is in a good way.

sincerly.

Arnaud

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

... everythings seems to be ko.

I sure hope that's a typo and everything is "ok" rather than "ko" Smiley Wink

André

0 Kudos