VMware Cloud Community
christian17072
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

isolinux: Disk error 80, AX...

Hi guys,

I'm trying to install ESXi 5 Essentials from an ISO image via HP iLO, but the install seems to crash at the following error:

isolinux: Disk error 80, AX = 42B4, drive 9F

Boot failed: press a key to restart...

I'm not sure why this is happening, i've downlaoded the ISO twice now, and i still have the same error.

I mount the ISO as virtual media in iLO, boot up with "...standard installer" and eventually receive the boot failed error. I don't get as far as the yellow installer.

My machine is a HP DL360 G6. I have 4 internal SAS disks.

Does anyone know what could be causing this, any recommendations?

Thanks,

Christian

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
iw123
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hi,

this sounds like a problem with the ISO. Can you mount the ISO to another server or your local machine to check that its intact?

What's your ilo network conectivity like? If it's mounted over a slow connection then you may get that kind of issue.

Thanks

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
iw123
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hi,

this sounds like a problem with the ISO. Can you mount the ISO to another server or your local machine to check that its intact?

What's your ilo network conectivity like? If it's mounted over a slow connection then you may get that kind of issue.

Thanks

*Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers
0 Kudos
continuum
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I would use a Linux LiveCD and wipe the first drive.
Then try again

0 Kudos
christian17072
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi IW123,

I've burnt the ISO to a disc and that seems to have booted up a charm, thanks! FYI i am using gigEthernet.

Thanks for your help, problem solved!

Christian

0 Kudos
SchweinShen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Encountered similar problem, and turns out to be the HP iLO may disconnect the local ISO image, so what I did was to keep the virtual media configuration always on, and the ISO file always show connected.

0 Kudos
san50
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Well, Mine is the same error code.

Scenario:

I did start with the iso of the installer file (VMware-VMvisor-Installer-5.5.0.update02-2068190.x86_64) burnt in CD.

Once I power on the server where I want to install it, I get the error Christian is talking about.

If it helps,I am installing it on a Dell R220,that has Windows server 2012.

Any help to get me out of this is ....awesome!

0 Kudos