VMware Cloud Community
Gargravarr2112
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Very quick question about ESXi Free License

Sorry to post this while I have a related thread still open, but:

Does the free license of vSphere ESXi 4.1 allow access to fibre-channel SANs?

I have to ask because I'm getting frustrated with being denied access to something that worked, and the only change I can see is that I entered the license key last week. I've ruled out the hardware, it's got to be configuration somewhere.

Once again, I'm really sorry to post a new thread, but I need an answer fast, I need this system up and running as quickly as possible!

Cheers,

Gargravarr

ESXi 4.1 Free running on Dell PowerEdge R900, 4x Quad Xeon 2.93GHz, 32GB RAM, Sun StorEdge 3510 FC Disk Array, 10 VMs. If you can see it and it exists, it's physical. If you can see it and it doesn't exist, it's virtual. If you can't see it and it exists, it's hidden. If you can't see it and it doesn't exist, YOU DELETED IT!
Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bulletprooffool
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Yes - all storage access etc will still work - it is only 'advanced' features that are limited.

One day I will virtualise myself . . .

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Does the free license of vSphere ESXi 4.1 allow access to fibre-channel SANs?

Definitely, Yes!

André

bulletprooffool
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Yes - all storage access etc will still work - it is only 'advanced' features that are limited.

One day I will virtualise myself . . .
0 Kudos
Gargravarr2112
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks to you both for your answers. I've just fired up our R900 'VM tank' and registered it, and the SAN is still working, so evidently it IS supported Smiley Happy

Thanks!

ESXi 4.1 Free running on Dell PowerEdge R900, 4x Quad Xeon 2.93GHz, 32GB RAM, Sun StorEdge 3510 FC Disk Array, 10 VMs. If you can see it and it exists, it's physical. If you can see it and it doesn't exist, it's virtual. If you can't see it and it exists, it's hidden. If you can't see it and it doesn't exist, YOU DELETED IT!
0 Kudos