VMware Cloud Community
Kishan2012
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare Exsi host client is not login issue

Hello,

VMware Exsi is what I'm using. I am unable to log in to VMware. It displays an incorrect user name and password to me. I haven't changed my password, and it continues to display a password error. I can access CLI mode in IDRAC using the same password. I've logged in to IDrac and changed my CLI password the for solutions, but I'm unable to get into VMware. I shut down both my physical and virtual servers last night. After that, I was able to log in to VMware Exsi and start all of my virtual servers, but when I tried to log in again, the same error message appeared.  if  anyone can help me  to resolve this error.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Alfista_PS
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

at the beginning the iDrac is an monitoring and managing tool for Dell servers and its build in to their servers. The ESXi is an VMware bare metal virtualisation platform software so they doesnt communicate together. Teh changing the password in iDRAC doesnt change the password in ESXi. It's something like when you change the password for access your Windows account on the PC and you will then with this password access the gmail. Its impossible.

For accessing the ESXi you will need as the default user "root" and password which was given to this user by building (installing) the ESXi. I suggest you to go directly to the host and over the keyboard try to use and find the password, while there you will not lock the account. While when you will try it over the WEB UI, you can ten lock the account for some time, which you need to wait and then try again. I think you can try it 3 or 5 times before it lock.

Alfista
----------------------
Audio-Video Accessories
Selling and Integration of Audio & Video Accessories and Technology
If my answer has resolved your problem please mark as RESOLVED or if it has only was a good help then give me the KUDOS. Thanks.
0 Kudos