VMware Cloud Community
Frederik-landbo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VM stops working after restart

I'm on ESXi 7 trying to run Windows server 2022. I have installed windows using the ISO file storage and it runs just fine. But after i restart the guest a couple of times, like for updates and other changes that recuire restarts. It wont boot into Windows again. I have created multible VMs and they all get the same problem after 2-5 Restarts.

When i try to start up the server again it says ¨press any keey to boot from CD or DVD....¨ (in the picture)

If i don't press anything within 3 seconds it goes to a page where it says EFI time out (also in the pictures) But if i do press a key in starts the Windows installer. But i already have a windows system installed on that VM. 

After roughly a minut it goes into the last page (the last picture) If i press some of the opsions it just loops all the steps above.

What am i doing wrong here. Like i said, it works the first few times i start the guest but then i wont boot into the already installed windows OS

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

please disable Secure Boot within the VM Settings and try to start again. if this fix the problem please update to 7.0.3k and you can enable Secure Boot again.

Regards,
Jörg

View solution in original post

2 Replies
IRIX201110141
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

please disable Secure Boot within the VM Settings and try to start again. if this fix the problem please update to 7.0.3k and you can enable Secure Boot again.

Regards,
Jörg

Frederik-landbo
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

This worked. Thank you

0 Kudos