VMware Cloud Community
stratolynne
Contributor
Contributor

Update Manager error during Stage

Hi all,

I'm trying to update the ESX hosts I support.  In one domain I have four ESX hosts.  I was able to do the stage and remediate of one ESX host successfullly.  On the other 3, I get this message:  "There are errors during the stage operation."  One the host that was successful there were only 7 patches to update.  On the other 3, there were 182 (the total number of patches - critical and non-critical).  

All of these hosts were updated this fall manually as we did not have Update Manager running in this environment until just recently.  These systems are at ESX 4.0.0 294855.  I'm thinking it has do with the fact that these systems do really have the prior patches only Update Manager can't tell.

Any thoughts?  Help on how to fix?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

once you applied the baseline, you then scanned for updates, and then staged the patches?

0 Kudos
stratolynne
Contributor
Contributor

The baseline is All Groups and Independent Baselines.   It is listed in the Attached Baseline Groups but it has a ? preceding it.

The 4 ESX hosts are all on one vCenter.  This same baseline worked for the one ESX host.

I do get messages on the ESX hosts that there are errors on the scan operation.  In the Events tabs, there is are message that states "Failed to scan host.... because of an invalid state.   Also, similar messages for staging...

Now what?  How to check on the state of the hosts and can it be fixed?

0 Kudos
stratolynne
Contributor
Contributor

Would this have anything to do with using a proxy server?

0 Kudos