VMware Cloud Community
zikorai
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unable to connect to the MKS:Host address lookup for server

Good Day ,

I have in this days one error :

Unable to connect to the MKS:Host address lookup for server esx1.domaine.com failed:Unknow error 11001 (0x2af9)

can you help me

thank you

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

For the console to work you need to be able to lookup the dns-name and have access the ESX-host on port 902 from the client.

Do you have that?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
zikorai
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

excuse me this problme happen because I change the server DNS with new one with new IP  but I went to each host -->configuration---->DNS and routing I modify the DNS with the new but stay the same error .

Thank you

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

You should probably do a ipconfig /flushdns on the client where the vCenter Client runs on.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Does an nslookup esx1.domaine.com resolve the IP address of the host correctly, i.e. does the client query the correct DNS server and does the DNS server have a Host-A entry for the ESXi host?

André

0 Kudos
zikorai
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

sorry I don' t understand well ???

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

For the DNS server to return the IP address for a given FQDN (e.g. esx1.domaine.com) you have to add a new "Host-A" entry with the ESXi host's name and IP address to the DNS server. The command line tool "nslookup" can be used to query the DNS server.

André

0 Kudos
Shail0606
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

first check if you are able to connet the host via IP instead of host Name

if so then go to your DNS and follow the steps given in below link to create new Host A record for your host's FQDN name.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH86578

karthikelango
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

We had the same issue today with our Host. When we did a nslookup to the host from our vCenter server it was not resolving the host name.

We flushed the DNS and re-registered the vCenter server and the issue is fixed.

0 Kudos