VMware Cloud Community
danilodicesare
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

SDRS

Hi all,

simple question regarding a complcated tecnology Smiley Happy.

do you think i can create in a (now just pre-production but with some VM up and running that in some days will go in production) cluster a Storage Cluster with all VM running?

may i have some downtime or stuff like that?

Now i've got 6 ESXi host with 14 LUN and i wanna have just a Datastore cluster instead single LUN.

tnx in advance

dani

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Danilo DIcesare wrote:

the cluster will see one datastore or 14 datastore?

tnx again

dani

If you are in the hosts and clusters view, the cluster summary will see all LUNs.  However if you switch  your inventory view to datastore and datastore clusters will show the datastore cluster and it's members.

When you deploy a new VM you will be presented only with the datastore cluster.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

you should have no problem doing this.  Once you create the storage cluster, assuming the datastore(s) in which your guests reside on are in the newly created storage cluster, the guest will be part of that storage cluster, with no downtime.  You'll notice under the summary tab of the guest the storage will not be identified as the storage cluster instead of the datastore.  However, if you edit settings of the guest, you can find the datastore in which the guest is registered on.

Now i've got 6 ESXi host with 14 LUN and i wanna have just a Datastore cluster instead single LUN.

remember a storage cluster will not reduce the datastore count.

hope this makes sense....

danilodicesare
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ok tnx...

tnx again

dani

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Danilo DIcesare wrote:

tnx again

dani

If you are in the hosts and clusters view, the cluster summary will see all LUNs.  However if you switch  your inventory view to datastore and datastore clusters will show the datastore cluster and it's members.

When you deploy a new VM you will be presented only with the datastore cluster.

0 Kudos