VMware Cloud Community
NB-D
Contributor
Contributor

RE: "No port for remote debugger" ESXi 8.0.2 Pink Screen of Death

I spent some time overnight researching ESXi 8.0.2 compatibility with my previous built Desktop PCs and it worked perfectly. Initially it went into a Pink Screen of Death, displaying "No port for remote debugger" but after just enabling virtualization and RAID in the motherboard’s BIOS it started the installation process and prompted for root password. I used server compatible motherboard with Xeon processor, ECC RAM and 1TB M.2 NVMe for this project. I will update this post after I finish installing all VMs, failover and SAN. I’m using 3 physical Desktops. Exactly the same PCs in specifications. 2 for failover and 1 for storage (SAN). I want this to run quietly without fan noise on my home lab. You’ll hear from me later with updates. Thank you. (Posted on 02-27-2024)

Update My ESXi 8.0.2 Server Pink Screen of Death

I used Asus X99 Deluxe II motherboard (BIOS Ver. 2101) with Intel Xeon E5-2699v3 (L3 Cache 45MB and 18 Core with 3.6Ghz turbo speed) single processor, Micron 2133MHz DDR4 32GB ECC RAM and Intel M.2 NVMe SSD 670p series 1TB on each PC.  I am using 3 physical desktop PCs. Two 2016 built Asus X99 Deluxe II desktop PCs are exactly the same in specifications for failover and 1 other PC for M.2 NVMe storage bank (2TB X 4 8TB using Hyper M.2 x16 card). The systems are running quietly without actual server fan noise on my home lab and performing every task I throw at them smoothly. Now, 6 virtual server cluster is running on each of them. I intend upgrading the processor to E5-2699v4 (L3 Cache 55MB and 22 Core with 3.6Ghz turbo speed) and the memory 128 GB to push the motherboard to its highest specification to check its performance. I hope this information helps some of you. This is my 2024 successful home lab project. Thank you. (Updated on 03-11-2024)

0 Kudos
0 Replies