VMware Cloud Community
gbentz
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Pay per incident VS7-ESSL-1PAK-C

So I have spoken to support 3 times today but they do not know why this support option is no longer in the store.  They told me to call sales and use option 2 but you only get the message that there is no longer a phone sales option, it's web only.  But in April 2022 I purchased the sku above which was $308 for non critical support.  Now if you go to the store they only offer $1200 after hours incident support for esxi.  Do we know why this sku is no longer offered?  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pcgeek2009
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

When Broadcom purchased VMware, they stated they were going to consolidate and change the scale and pricing models. They are reducing the number of SKU's available across the board. While there has been nothing to my knowledge, published publicly regarding pricing and SKU's, my guess is this is one they decided to eliminate. There has been post on other forums regarding people unhappy with their preferred SKU\pricing model eliminated or discontinued. They are pushing everything to subscription-based pricing. Here is a link about the new licensing model and pricing:

https://www.broadcom.com/blog/vmware-by-broadcom-dramatically-simplifies-offer-lineup-and-licensing-... 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
pcgeek2009
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

When Broadcom purchased VMware, they stated they were going to consolidate and change the scale and pricing models. They are reducing the number of SKU's available across the board. While there has been nothing to my knowledge, published publicly regarding pricing and SKU's, my guess is this is one they decided to eliminate. There has been post on other forums regarding people unhappy with their preferred SKU\pricing model eliminated or discontinued. They are pushing everything to subscription-based pricing. Here is a link about the new licensing model and pricing:

https://www.broadcom.com/blog/vmware-by-broadcom-dramatically-simplifies-offer-lineup-and-licensing-... 

gbentz
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you!  I'm actually on a call again with support and she knew the sku I was referring to but when she tried to load it on her end it was indeed gone.  They are pushing a one time ticket through for me free of charge for the confusion which is awesome.  I did find a link to the sku via google on a vmware EU page but when hitting it, it lead to a 404 page.

0 Kudos