VMware Cloud Community
BL2084
Contributor
Contributor

Optimizing my setup - LSI MegaRAID firmware and drivers

Bought a LSI MegaRAID SAS 9272-8i controller cheaply. Controller works and it shows in ESXi (6.5 U2), that part is OK.

I'm using a HP Microserver Gen8 and the specific HPE image of ESXi 6.5 U2 (last one fo gen8).

My questions are:
1. Is there a special driver for ESXi which gives more options or performance or is that included in the image if I see the logical drive in the UI? Was thinking of if there are features available if using a proper driver for example.

2. I've tried locating firmware for the controller but it seems like impossible mission, where can one find it? Is 9272 a OEM part number and is it the same as some other model number? Not only do I want flash it as I assume stability and performance is probably at it's best with the newest ROMs but the WebBIOS doesn't work properly with iLO4, mouse is erratic and it's a nightmare to say the least so I hope that a firmware rectifies this. If not, I'm not sure how to configure this? I mean a 1 minute thing takes 5-10 minutes to set up and it doesn't invite you to explore the UI and settings etc. due to using keyboard UI from the stoneage.

3. If and when I get a error on a disk, will that notification come up in ESXi?

TIA!

0 Kudos
0 Replies