ESXi

View Only
  • 1.  ESXi not able to access the internet

Posted Dec 16, 2022 11:56 PM
      |   view attached

Hello,

I am working on creating a lab for IT/Dev. I am using a B200 m3 blade. ESXi is installed on an SD card. I was able to create the managment IP and connect the host to a Synology NAS (iSCSI). I installed Server 2019. I am trying to create a DC to start the environment. At first I wasn't able to get anything other then unidentified network. I am sure I have missed a few sets, but this is done next to producation environment and I am trying to do this without making changes to what exsists. I have two vlan/subnets I can use, lab-managment,lab-vms. Because of the setup of the UCS profile, I was only able to access connect an IP, that was in the Management vlan that was used for production. I used the lab-mgmt IP to connect to the Synology, because it is in that subnet. 

I think It might have something to do with the IP stack, but It could be something on the backend that needs configured. I am somewhat at a place where I don't know where to look next. Advice would be helpful, The lab-mgmt vlan is trunked through the network. 

I am missing a lot here, but I'm not sure what all to cover or is needed. attached is the tcp/ip stack.

• 2.  RE: ESXi not able to access the internet

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 16, 2022 11:59 PM

As your post needs moving to the area for ESXi, I have reported it to the volunteer moderators.

• 3.  RE: ESXi not able to access the internet

Posted Dec 17, 2022 12:06 AM

How are the vSwitches, and port groups configured?

André

• 4.  RE: ESXi not able to access the internet

Posted Dec 17, 2022 05:15 PM

via DCUI in network check try to ping 8.8.8.8 

check if Gateway and DNS are correct