VMware Cloud Community
ivanpudic
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

ESXi 4.0 - KMODE_EXECPTION_NOT_HANDLED

hi,

we have a ESXi 4.0 running

we have installed the converter to a Windows 2000 Server machines (32bit) and made a conversion to the ESXi 4.0

The conversion was succesfull but when we try to boot the VM, it gives us a BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

could anyone please help me out??

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
4 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
ivanpudic
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

works like a charm! thank you very very very much Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
thelemonmaker
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello.

I understand this is an older post but was hoping someone could eleborate on how to fix this issue when it's my virtual machine that won't boot up.

Basically I converted a physical to virtual and went to boot up the Windows 2000 server for the first time as a virtual and received the blue screen as described in this original post.

The fix seems obvious but I cannot get into the virtual to modify the files as per Microsoft's instructions.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
DCjay
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I believe this ws resolved fllwoing the steps in

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/904374/

Hotfix replacement information

After you experience the problem that is mentioned in  this article, Windows no longer starts. Therefore, to install this  hotfix, follow these steps:

1. Start the Windows Recovery Console. To do this, follow these steps:
    1. Start the computer by using the Windows 2000 Setup floppy disks or by using  the Windows 2000 CD.
    2. At the Welcome to Setup screen, press R to repair a Windows installation.
    3. Press C to start the Windows Recovery Console.
    4. Type the number that corresponds to the Windows installation that you want to repair, and then press ENTER.
    5. Type the administrator password, and then press ENTER. 

Note If you do not have an administrator password, just press ENTER.
  2. Rename the Scsiport.sys file to Scsiport.sys.old. This file is located in the %windir%\System32\Drivers folder.
  3. Copy  the Scsiport.sys file from Windows 2000 SP4 to the  %windir%\System32\Drivers folder. For information about how to extract  service pack files, see the Readme document (ReadMeSP.htm) for Windows  2000 SP4.
  4. Quit the Windows Recovery Console, and then start the computer.
  5. Install the hotfix package that is mentioned in this article.
  6. When you are prompted, restart the computer.

I hope this helps.

Jay

0 Kudos