VMware Cloud Community
Naveda
Contributor
Contributor

ESXI 5.5 is not booting after successfully installation of HP ProLiant DL560 Gen8 Server

ESXI 5.5 is not booting after successfully installation of HP ProLiant DL560 Gen8 Server it shows below mentioned error

1.error loading /ingdb.tgz

2.fatal error:6 (Buffer too Small)

And try other ESXI 5.5 ISO it is the follwoing below mentioned error also,

debugger waiting (World 32768) --no port for remote debugger. "Escape" for Local debugger.

Please help me on this also attached screen shot fir this

9 Replies
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal

Note: Discussion successfully moved from VMware vCenter™ to VMware ESXi 5

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Just a quick question. Did you use the latest HP OEM installation image?

André

PS: Download link: VMware vSphere 5: Private Cloud Computing, Server and Data Center Virtualization

0 Kudos
Naveda
Contributor
Contributor

Yes.

0 Kudos
Naveda
Contributor
Contributor

Please help me

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

As a first step - just to rule that out - please ensure the integrity of the downloaded ISO image by verifying the checksum provided with the download.

Are you installing ESXi to HDDs or SD (which size)?

André

0 Kudos
Naveda
Contributor
Contributor

in HDD Raid1 configured

0 Kudos
Omega201110141
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi!

As per this VMware KB: ESXi installation fails with a purple diagnostic screen error: NOT_IMPLEMENTED bora/vmker...

you'll need to download the ISO again and do a re-install, if you have tried the HP image already might be worth trying the VMware downloads.

** If you found this note/reply useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful" ** Rehman Memon follow me on twitter @RehmanMemon
0 Kudos
Alistar
Expert
Expert

Hello,

how are you installing the ESXi? Via an .iso burned to a CD/DVD, USB stick, SD Card? It might be corrupt and you would need to try a new media if you are reusing a rewritable one. If you are mounting the .iso remotely via iLO/iDRAC (which you could try), also check if your network is in order.

Good luck!

Stop by my blog if you'd like 🙂 I dabble in vSphere troubleshooting, PowerCLI scripting and NetApp storage - and I share my journeys at http://vmxp.wordpress.com/
0 Kudos
cykVM
Expert
Expert

First of all this

debugger waiting (World 32768) --no port for remote debugger. "Escape" for Local debugger.

Please help me on this also attached screen shot fir this

is not the actual error message. A screenshot would greatly help as the first lines of the PSOD are most important for tracking back what happened,

Since this is a HP server I would first get latest Proliant Service Pack (SPP) for you model and update the server's firmware/BIOS (system ROM, storage controller, NIC(s)) to the latest possible version.

It would greatly help in giving you support if you would list the hardware configuration of that server:

• CPU(s) installed
  • amount of memory and type
  • storage controller in use
  • local or remote datastore
  • NIC (model/type) in use

And in addition to the things mentioned by Alistar we would need to know: installation source (as listed by Alistar, CD, USB thumbdrive, SD-Card etc.) and destination (local (single) disk, RAID (what type and correctly configured in controller's setup, USB thumbdrive, SD-Card or ...).