VMware Cloud Community
jmonzon1
Contributor
Contributor

ESX 6.5 not recognizing both ports on HP 562T 10g NIC

We've installed a HP 562T (2 port NIC) in two different HP 360 Gen10 hosts.  We loaded the compatible drivers per VMware compatibility web page.  One of the ports is recognized on both hosts, but the second port shows down, there is no link lights on the down ports (back of cards).  We have tried switching the cables & switch ports to known good, but the second ports will not come up.

Any suggestions?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Expect a moderator to move your thread to the ESXi area, now that I’ve reported it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

As a first step, follow the "Obtain information on the Network card" steps in https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1027206 to ensure that the network adapter is recognized correctly, and has been claimed by the correct driver.

André

0 Kudos
jmonzon1
Contributor
Contributor

I verified the VID 0x8086, Vendor Sub ID 0x1590 and Device ID 0x1563.  According to the VMware driver compatibility list I should use the ixgben driver, which is the one I have installed.  In vSphere the driver is displayed as an Intel X550 controller.  The adapter is actually a x562T. Not sure if that makes a difference.  

0 Kudos
jmonzon1
Contributor
Contributor

It seems to me the driver is not correct, to me that would explain why only one of the two ports has a link light on the adapter.

0 Kudos