VMware Cloud Community
VM_OST
Contributor
Contributor

Download legacy version ESXi

Hi,

I was just wondering if it is still possible to download and run ESXi 6.0? I recently started a poweredge R610 and about to start a quick lab.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Only customers with paid-for licenses valid can download.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
NateNateNAte
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

To add to the other response - it would have to be a perpetual license that you have on-hand that is not expired in order to still run ESXi 6.x. 

You can go here:

https://customerconnect.vmware.com/en/downloads/info/slug/datacenter_cloud_infrastructure/vmware_vsp...

And in the drop-down, select the version of ESXi that you need (and have the valid license key).  You can still download as far back as v6.5 right now. 

0 Kudos
Kinnison
Commander
Commander

Hello,

Sorry but this is not entirely accurate, certain custom ISOs relating to versions prior to ESXi 6.5 may be downloadable from the websites of the respective system manufacturers, at the same time the customer holding a paid license may be able to download even earlier versions, I can, without any problem, download the ISO related vSphere version 5.1. Without prejudice to the fact that using them in practice requires an adequate license to be available.

Regards
Ferdinando

0 Kudos